Precast concrete bulkheads
Precast concrete bulkheads are available in five sizes: SL (43"), O (60"), B (68"), C (76"), D (84"). Bulkheads are sized depending on the grades. Bulkheads should be measured and sized at 4" above grade.
Installing a precast concrete bulkhead:
1. Keep foundation sealer a minimum of 12" from opening
2. Pour a 4" minimum step in bulkhead opening as shown
3. Keep a minimum 18" from foundation corner
4. Roof drainage should be diverted away from bulkhead
5. Perimeter footing drainage required
6. Back fill should be clean gravel or sand, well compacted. No construction debris should be used which causes voids in the soil
7. Width of foundation opening should be 40" max
8. Footing and walls should be clean and dry, level, plumb, and square
9. Minimum work area as shown in illustration
10. Provide truck access to within 15' of center of opening
11. How to order:
Determine dimension from top of footing to proposed finished grade; refer to available types and select size to assure top of stairwell will be 2-6" above finished grade.
For more information, call 800-244-7544 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org