Precast Concrete Steps
The first impression of your home is the entrance, so let your stairs make a statement !! We offer stairs in standard concrete, that are available in wide a variety of sizes to accommodate any home. Our installers will professionally transform your entrance with your new stair, in a quick and efficient manner.
We offer black wrought iron railings as well to enhance your entrance. Turn around time is quick and easy. So, let’s get you on your way.
Measuring for precast steps
Are you a do-it-yourselfer? Here’s how to properly measure for a precast concrete step:
• Rest the end of a straight board on the threshold and bring it to a level position.
• Measure out from the house 42″ for a standard platform and 12″ per step (tread).
• Measure the height to the ground or finished grade at that point.
• This measurement determines the size step you need. When an existing condition cannot be altered (such as a walkway) then a smaller step up into the house may be required.
• Choose the width that best suits your needs – if railings are required, keep in mind they take up about 4″ on each side.
With a poured concrete foundation, an angle iron is bolted to the foundation and the step is then placed on the angle iron and free-floating concrete block.
As with any concrete product, and especially precast concrete, the use of salt or chemicals may cause damage. We recommend only clean, salt-free sand during the winter months.
For more information, call 800-244-7544 or contact us by email at email@example.com.