Precast Concrete Steps
The first impression of your home is the entrance, so let your stairs make a statement !! We offer stairs in brick, stone and standard concrete, that are available in wide a variety of sizes to accommodate any home. Our installers will professionally transform your entrance with your new stair, in a quick and efficient manner.
We offer black wrought iron railings as well to enhance your entrance. Turn around time is quick and easy. So, let’s get you on your way.
Measuring for precast steps
Are you a do-it-yourselfer? Here’s how to properly measure for a precast concrete step:
• Rest the end of a straight board on the threshold and bring it to a level position.
• Measure out from the house 42″ for a standard platform and 12″ per step (tread).
• Measure the height to the ground or finished grade at that point.
• This measurement determines the size step you need. When an existing condition cannot be altered (such as a walkway) then a smaller step up into the house may be required.
• Choose the width that best suits your needs – if railings are required, keep in mind they take up about 4″ on each side.
• Choose plain concrete, brick-faced or stone.
How precast steps are installed
With a poured concrete foundation, an angle iron is bolted to the foundation and the step is then placed on the angle iron and free-floating concrete block.
The concrete hanger is mainly for new construction and eliminates any settling of the step. The hanger is bolted through the foundation wall and is available for steps up to a 6Rise. Access to the basement and a work area of 42″ threshold-to-ground is required for steps up to 4Rise, 5Rise and 6Rise require a work area of 60″ threshold-to-ground and can only be a 42″ platform.
IMPORTANT: Do NOT use any salt or chemical de-icers on our products
As with any concrete product, and especially precast concrete, the use of salt or chemicals may cause damage. We recommend only clean, salt-free sand during the winter months.
For more information, call 800-244-7544 or contact us by email at email@example.com.